Leckhampton with Warden Hill Parish Council
The Parish Council is comprised of a committee of 18 Parish Councillors, who give their time on a voluntary basis, to help enhance the life of the local community.
Most services in the Parish are provided by either Gloucestershire County Council or Cheltenham Borough Council and your elected representatives on those Councils, Cllr Iain Dobie, Cllr Tony Oliver, Cllr Emma Nelson and Cllr Martin Horwood are there to monitor that services are being provided efficiently, represent your views and answer any queries you may have.
A Parish precept is levied as part of your Council Tax. This provides a budget to enable some services and functions to be delegated to the Parish Council on the basis that the local community will better identify those services which are of most value to the area. Details of the Parish Council powers and duties can be found here.
These services and functions include:
- Working with and allocating grants to various local voluntary organisations such as the Brizen Youth Trust, in Bloom for Warden Hill, FOLK, Leckhampton and Warden Hill Scouts, the Cotswold Volunteer Group, local schools and Sue Ryder.
- Installing and maintaining the Multi Use Games Area(MUGA) and Toddlers Play Area on Salisbury Avenue and more recently the plan to upgrade the Spindles play area in The Lanes.
- Creating and maintaining a Neighbourhood Plan to help protect our area from inappropriate development.
- Reviewing local Planning Applications submitted within the area to assess whether these comply with our Neighbourhood Plan.
- The following are working groups of the Council; Monitoring Air Pollution, dealing with Highways issues, Traffic monitoring, promoting Community Engagement, Neighbourhood planning and the new climate Action group.
The Parish Council Chairman is Penny Henty and Ian White is the Vice chairman.
The Parish Councillors representing the two wards are:
Leckhampton are: Penny Henty, Adrian Mears, Stephen Cooke, Martin Horwood, Vivienne Matthews, Margaret White, Elizabeth Barker, James Parker, Peter Frings, Ian Bickerton and Kit Braunholtz.
Warden Hill are: Rosemary Baillie, Anne Regan, Ian White, Kit Perona Wright, Graham Beale, Bex Mountford and Louise English.
The Parish Council meets monthly, other than in August. We are encouraging residents to become Parish Volunteers. Many people do not have the time to belong to a committee but are keen to help where they can. Current planned local community projects include : Participating in Litter Picks, Speed Prevention checks, Air Pollution Monitoring, helping to plant and maintain our local floral displays. Helping to organise community events.
If you are interested in helping with any of these, or have any ideas for other projects then please contact the Parish Clerk, Arlene Deane, on 07739719079 or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Parish Council elections are held every four years, with the next one being in 2022. All those currently on the Parish council have to put themselves up for re-election is they want to continue. This is when others in the community can come forward to stand if they would like to.
Following a Community Governance review, this parish boundary changed on 1st April 2018 and a map of the new parish can be seen here. We are awaiting a better map.